Dental Exams and Checkups – Prevention Is The Key To Great Oral Health For New York Residents
No one gets too excited about going to the dentist. However, it’s very important that we go in order to maintain good oral health, prevent problems and emergencies. If you haven’t had an exam or cleaning in the past six months, then you should seriously think about calling us for an appointment.
Getting a comprehensive exam is about prevention. It’s about detecting problems early which can prevent emergencies and unnecessary expense. Your oral health is very important and recent studies have shown that keeping your oral health in good shape helps to keep your overall wellness in check.
Keeping regular visits with your dentist is a proactive approach to maintaining good oral health. And for those of you who may have dental anxiety, we offer sedation dentistry in order to help you have a very relaxed experience and get the dental care you need.
What can you expect during your first visit with us?
We know that most people have fear and anxiety about going to the dentist for any type of treatment. Sometimes, this stems from past bad experiences or even stories we’ve heard from family and friends.
Dentistry has progressed over the years to where it is virtually painless. New technology and new sedation options help us provide you with the most comfortable experience possible. Our goal is to prevent and get rid of dental pain and anxiety.
When you come into our office, you can expect to receive an executive examination that last on average about an hour. Here are some of the things we will do:
- Conduct a visual exam
- Get a blood pressure and vital signs reading
- Digital x-rays
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Check for gum disease
- Check for signs of cavities or decay
- Evaluate and look over your existing dental work
- Take intra-oral and extra-oral photos
- Take 3-D images of your mouth when applicable
- Look for other harmful dental issues
Why is this type of exam necessary?
Here are the four main reasons why you need this type of exam and evaluation of your oral health:
- Early detection of any dental problems is necessary for maintaining a healthy mouth.
- These types of exams help to avoid pain, emergencies, unnecessary expense and time.
- It keeps you in overall better health.
- It teaches your children good oral hygiene habits that they will carry as they get older and that will prevent them from having problems that are costly and even painful down the road.
Consultation With the Doctor
When you come in for your exam, you can also plan some time having a consultation with the doctor. He will happily listen to concerns as well as answer any questions you may have.
The information that is gathered during your exam will help us to put together the best plan possible for the healthiest smile. We desire to deliver amazing results and will work with you to do just that.
What to do now
If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, then give our office a call today. We will be glad to set up an exam and the cleaning for you to help start you on your way to better oral health and smile with confidence.
3 Washington Square Village
New York, NY 10012
(212) 477- 4330