Dental Exams and Checkups – Prevention Is The Key To Great Oral Health For New York Residents
No one gets too excited about going to the dentist. However, it’s very important that we go in order to maintain good oral health and prevent problems that could occur before they present themselves or become too serious. If you haven’t had an exam or cleaning in the past six months, then you should seriously think about calling for an appointment.
Getting a comprehensive exam is about prevention. It’s about detecting things early which can prevent problems and unnecessary expense from occurring. Your oral health is very important and recent studies have shown that keeping your oral health in good shape helps to keep your overall wellness in check.
Keeping regular visits with your dentist is a proactive approach to good oral health. And for those of you who may have dental anxiety, we offer sedation dentistry in order to help you have a very relaxed experience.
What can you expect during your first visit with us?
We know that most people have fear and anxiety about going to the dentist for any type of treatment. Sometimes, this stems from past bad experiences or even stories we’ve heard from family and friends.
Dentistry has progressed over the years to where it is virtually painless. New technology and new sedation options help us provide you with the most comfortable experience possible. Our goal is to prevent and get rid of pain.
When you come into our office, you can expect to receive an all-inclusive examination that last on average about an hour. Here are some of the things we will do:
- Conduct a visual exam
- Get a blood pressure reading
- Digital x-rays
- Perform an oral cancer screening
- Test for gum disease
- Check for signs of cavities or decay
- Evaluate and look over your existing dental work
- Get intra-oral and extra-oral photos
- Take 3-D images of your mouth where applicable
- Look for other harmful dental issues
Why is this type of exam necessary?
Here are the four main reasons why you need this type of exam and evaluation of your oral health:
- Early detection of any dental problems in their most earliest stages is necessary for maintaining a healthy mouth.
- These types of exams help to avoid unnecessary expense and time in the dental chair.
- It keeps you and your family and overall better health.
- It teaches your children good oral hygiene habits that will prevent them from having problems that are costly and even painful down the road.
Consultation With the Doctor
When you come in for your exam, you can also plan our own spending some time having a consultation with the doctor. He will happily listen to your thoughts and address your concerns as well as answer any questions you may have.
The information that is gathered during your exam will help us to put together the best treatment plan possible for the healthiest smile. We desire to deliver amazing results and will work with you to do just that.
What to do now
If you haven’t been to the dentist in a while, they give our office a call today. We will be glad to set up an exam and the cleaning for you to help start you on your way to better oral health.
3 Washington Square Village
New York, NY 10012
(212) 477- 4330